Sunday 29 July 2007

Big Night Out

Sadly, work got in the way of big nights out this week. In fact, I did eventually join a big night out, but it was all over by the time I got there.

Arriving back (very tired) at my apartment from NJ at 10.15, in the interests of sociability I went to join the boys in probably the nastiest pub in Manhattan - 'The Manchester Pub'. Saying that, I just tried to find some bad reviews to back me up but New Yorkers seem to love the place. Ah well.

By the time I eventually arrived, it was 10.45 and it showed. My fellow colleagues were a mess. David Turner was doing admirable 'English Swearing' with a Dick Van Dyke accent. Mikey was being scarily nice, but kept getting hit on the head by random women. One hit was so hard a felt a rush of wind as her hand swept by. Dean was being aggressive. David's friend, Bobby, was unintelligable but smiling inanely.

I'd say this is the closest I'd get to giving you a feeling of the level of conversation and behaviour I enjoyed upon arrival
Is it Mikey or is it Dean?

About half an hour after this, Bobby turned from drunken harmless guy to lech. Poor David was mortified. At this point I decided to escape.

The next day, a very glassy eyed Dean turned up, followed by Mikey a little later. Apparently Dean had been forced to 'look after' Mikey after we left. Looking after like this?
Too drunk to drive

No comments: