Sunday 29 July 2007

The Met Game

Yes, I have finally gone to a live sporting event. I was in the nosebleed section at the Mets game in Queens. Interesting cultural experience, but the game was essentially a three-hour long rounders match with advanced safety padding.

In fact, such was my shock at understanding what was going on in sporting terms, that I innocently remarked to the astounding resemblence to rounders (in retrospect, maybe a little too loudly). I was hastily shusshed up for my own saftey.
Apparently, I was lucky to escape without being stabbed.

Also today went to both the NY & NJ office. Am v tired. I can see work is really going to get in the way of having fun.

Here's a summary of the game Official Sporting Recap. Amazingly, that boring summary equates to this:
The home team ran faster, hit the ball more often, and managed to get to the final base eight times. GO METS!!

No comments: