Thursday 9 August 2007

I'm suffocating...

Today nycgirl asks:
Will I ever actually get a night out?

The humidity is intense. The flooding immense. And I didn't even intend for that to rhyme.

It's taking me 2 hours to get to work each day anyway, without the freakin' trains shutting down and 104 degree heat on top of that. Bleeuurgh!

Well, take heart it's not just the UK that gets freak rainstorms and public transport that gives up at a moment's notice.

Whilst I was supposed to be concentrating on a conference call today, I started to compile a list of my favourite oxymorons:
Shakespearean Comedy
Fun Run
Project Plan (OK - technically a compound noun but you get my meaning)

By the way, Americans aren't familiar with these phrases:
Under the cosh
High jinks

Trust me - just direct someone to the internet. I made the mistake of trying to explain.

Oh - and foot and mouth again? How passé.

No comments: