Sunday 5 August 2007

Fairytale of New York

I enjoyed a fairly pleasant week, apart from getting my bloody blackberry nicked last Sunday.
In retrospect, I think it happened outside Century 21 in the afternoon. I had just taken a call (and let's face it - my blackberry WAS conspicuous being like a giant calculator) and then I put it back my open bag while I faffed with my iPod whilst people were jostling around me. Not the most streetwise.

Could have been worse I suppose. Problem is, I am now paranoid and when out in public I skulk in corners like a watchful Nosferatu, whilst clutching my bag like a mad woman.

Anyway, to recap, I accompanied Dean to Yifhat's husband's soiree at their beautiful apartment building - couple of dull photos included that don't really do it justice.


Yet again, work got in the way of fun this week. But I still managed to have a nice time. Sushi with Eran on Wednesday and a riverside meal with Paul Clapis on Thursday (table thoughtfully booked with a fantastic view of Manhattan).

Friday evening was relatively large - posh Mexican food, rooftop bars (until the giant thunderstorm) and tequila slammers. I really suffered for it on Saturday.

Luckily I had the entire Season 2 box set of rescue me to keep me company, to which I confess I am heavily addicted.

Weather Saturday and Sunday was just beautiful.

No comments: