Monday 6 August 2007

While my credit card gently weeps

OK, I couldn't help it anymore. Shopping called. You know, I'm not a material person generally, but something came over me... and it wasn't $2 to £1.
At the end of the day New Yorkers earn about twice as much as us anyway, so it's all relative.

It was a wonderful day. I stalked up 5th Avenue with my heart beating ever faster as I neared the diamond district. Luckily for me, nearly all of the units were closed on Sunday. Instead, here's a rundown of my purchases...

... Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli (no - not cheap even with the exchange rate)

Murakami (my favourite novel of all time - Norweigan Wood) & David Sedaris. One of these is a gift - does that make it OK?
Old faithful Banana Republic - one question though. If I take shirts in 'small' size here, what does that mean for flat chested girls?

More excuses to stay in and waste my time (yes, I do know a cheat to play region zeros back home).

Can I get away with big sunglasses? Let's hope so...

Finally, probably my favourite purchase. Who could have known a lizard could make such a good wallet?

By the way, I spent the whole day looking for a replacement handbag seeing as my beloved vintage Gucci bag has got too vintage. After hating everything I saw, I finally found one I truly loved at Bottega Veneta. Imagine my shock when they told me the price. $16,500. Yep - you heard right. I almost screamed - you could buy an apartment in Argentina for that price. Don't worry, I didn't go for it.

Anyway, back to Mr Lovely Lizard:


1 comment:

Peter The Great said...

Good God woman, you're really taking all that Sex and the City thing seriously aren't you?

Just remember, despite the Manolos and fancy dresses, that Carrie was a moose-faced minger.

Nice body, mind you.